IA-IWD-BA6-Technical Business Analyst – UI Benefits Modernization
THIS RESOURCE IS EXPECTED TO WORK ONSITE 2 DAYS/WEEK. THE PREFERENCE IS FOR LOCAL RESOURCES.
Iowa Workforce Development has an immediate need for a Technical Business Analyst skilled at consulting with business and development staff to define requirements, coordinate testing and validate data migration for the Unemployment Insurance Benefits Modernization project at Iowa Workforce Development.
– This individual will conduct interviews and group requirement sessions to define requirements, identify gaps and analyze process needs.
– This individual will participate in gap analysis sessions, articulating and/or documenting business needs clearly and accurately to vendor teams.
– This individual will coordinate test efforts with UI SMEs, prepare test cases as necessary, document test results and articulate to vendor teams.
Iowa Workforce Development is a state agency with a remarkable amount of modernization taking place over the next 2 years. These projects will transform agency business operations, eliminate technical debt, improve user experience and return significant cost savings.
The UI Benefit Modernization will move a 40-year-old legacy mainframe system to a contemporary web-based solution. The new system will be a modified/configurable off the shelf product, developed and hosted by a third-party vendor. This position will work closely with a project manager, as well as a large number of UI SMEs, while interacting daily with the vendor’s project management and business analyst teams.
Throughout the project, this individual will lead requirement and testing sessions, ensuring business needs are captured and system features comply with technical specifications. During data migration, this position will facilitate, analyze and document data validation.
• Involvement in prior technology implementations 5 years
• Proficient understanding of the software development lifecycle and related methodologies 5 years
• Demonstrated ability to elicit, document and understand business and technical requirements 5 years
• Experience testing system against test cases and technical specifications, document results; QA 5 years
• Experience preparing test cases and technical specifications; QA 5 years
• Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Visio, Jira 5 years
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings with technical teams, business stakeholders 5 years
• Experience participating in vendor-managed solution development projects 5 years
• Proficient at communicating complex concepts to technical and non-technical staff at all levels of
responsibility 5 years
• Experience in performing Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Usability Testing, System Testing 5 years
• Regression Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) 5 years
• Knowledge of business process analysis, techniques, design, and development 5 years
• Working knowledge of file transfer protocols, web services and APIs 5 years
• Skilled in developing and executing testing strategies, test plans, and test cases 5 years
Involvement in prior technology implementations (10 years)
Proficient understanding of the software development lifecycle and related methodologies (10 years)
Demonstrated ability to elicit, document and understand business and technical requirements (10 years)
Experience testing systems against test cases and technical specifications, and documenting results; QA (10 years)
Experience preparing test cases and technical specifications; QA (10 years)
Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Googls Suite, Jira (10 years)
Experience managing/grooming/prioritizing backlog (10 years)
Demonstrated ability to facilitate productive meetings with technical teams and business stakeholders (10 years)
Demonstrated strong communication skills across technical teams and business stakeholders, specifically to leadership - setting/resetting expectations (10 years)
Involvement in milestone/stage gate sign off and approval ensuring technical and business readiness (10 years)