The DNR needs an Agile Scrum Master to help facilitate the ongoing development of DNR’s Animal Feeding Operations (AFO) .Net MVC web application. The current FTE Scrum Master is beginning work on a large new project but will help with the onboarding of this SM. The Scrum Master will work with a primary web developer, quality assurance tester, Product Owner, stakeholders and other DNR App Dev team members.
This Scrum Master facilitates communications between team members, the Product Owner and stakeholders; helps to identify and resolve impediments to project progress; helps to document and prioritize agile stories; leads planning, retrospective and daily stand up meetings.
The Scrum Master will be responsible for the following:
• Working closely with stakeholders to define Epics, Features, and User Stories required to
complete project goals
• Helping team to define User Stories with mockups, wireframes, and process maps
• Helping team to document acceptance criteria for User Stories
• Helping team to test system functionality against acceptance criteria
• Facilitating the relative sizing of the project backlog in Story Points
• Facilitating sprint planning, daily standups, and sprint review/retrospectives
• Providing agile coaching to team members
• Resolving team blockers preventing the delivery of sprint commitments
• Escalating blockers when outside of the team’s control
• Monitoring project tools and extracting sprint metrics and project progress metrics as
defined by the program
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Strong background in agile delivery methodologies
• Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT teams.
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
• Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items, sequenced appropriately
• Ability to manage scope creep with a focus on delivering a minimum viable product
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
• Experience as an agile team member– [REQUIRED 1 YEAR]
• Demonstrated ability to learn/understand new business concepts rapidly – [REQUIRED 1
• Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts in order
to interpret, document and formalize procedures. – [REQUIRED 1 YEAR]
• Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document user
stories and/or requirements. – [REQUIRED 1 YEAR]
• Experience with Agile toolsets such as JIRA or Azure Dev Ops. – [REQUIRED 1 YEAR]
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations. – [REQUIRED 1 YEAR]
business analysis (1 years)
agile scrum methodologies (1 years)
general web development technical skills (1 years)
leadership and communications (1 years)