Assist with the preparation of various states sales and use tax returns.
Please note: Candidates must include their resume in .pdf or .doc format to be considered.
What You’ll Do:
• Process and Formatting Sales tax data to meet state requirements
• Prepare various state sales tax returns
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and resolution of discrepancies
• Assist in Annual 1042s filings
• Assist in property tax filings
• Maintain Business License schedule
• Participate in special projects
Who You Are:
• BS Degree in Accounting
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Critical thinker
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across all levels of management
• Self-starter who is detail-oriented, deliverable focused, well-organized, and willing to take on an expanded role over time
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Sales Tax Accountant