***IMPORTANT NOTES – PLEASE READ***
1 – This is a PART-TIME role, where total weekly hours will vary widely week-to-week, based upon workload each week. Roughly 15 hours per week is being estimated as a general AVERAGE, though actual hours may be higher or lower depending on the tasks that need to occur during a certain timeframe. For instance, if client is doing a server upgrade, then it may be upwards of 40+ hours in a given week, but if it’s a light week it might be more like 5-10 hours.
2 – While hours will vary week to week, the hours worked are EXPECTED TO BE WORKED DURING THE CLIENT’S NORMAL MOUNTAIN-TIME BUSINESS HOURS. Exceptions to that would be upgrades or modifications to the production system, which will need to happen outside of business hours, but those will not be a common occurrence, probably only a few times a year, which means candidate in this role must be available to work the hours each week requires, during normal business hours.
3 – As this requires a candidate’s availability to vary but could potentially run into the 40+ hours on occasional weeks, candidates SHOULD NOT be trying to juggle this on top of another full-time job already. If it is determined this is the case, even after a candidate is in the role, the candidate will be removed from the position. An ideal situation is someone working in another flexible part-time role currently, who is able to supplement that with this position as well.
Job Description Details:
A. The primary objective of this service is to maintain the current Tableau Server Dev, Qual, and Production environments in alignment with our processes, standards, and governance. This service must also provide primary administration, support, and knowledgebase for our enterprise implementation and assist ITSD leadership in collaboration with business stakeholders to plan and execute an ITSD center of excellence capable of proper ongoing development, delivery, as well as support for this platform.
B. This Tableau Expert(s) must perform all four tiers of system administration and support tasks for our eight (8) core internally hosted Tableau instance and new role-based Tableau instance that includes: 1) Corrective Maintenance and Incident Management, 2) System Software Upgrades and Preventative Maintenance, 3) Tableau Development & Enhancements to optimize business uses of Tableau, and 4) Provide Guidance, Insight, and Recommendations to create new Tableau analytical strategies.
C. The contractor must provide these specific components:
1. Perform server upgrades, maintain server settings, software application patches, software user maintenance and enhancement, backup and restore, etc.
2. Provide end user incident and non-incident support.
3. Provide User creation, User permissions and provisioning.
4. Provide mission critical production support of Tableau for all Department end users and were applicable data for select external users and some public uses.
5. Complete performance tuning and server management of Tableau server environment (clustering, load balancing).
6. Evaluate and maximize server and data source optimization.
7. Work with data architects, SMEs and Power Users in setting up environments that meet the needs of users.
8. Ensure application of enterprise-required security controls for Tableau functionality in collaboration with IT Security and Compliance teams to ensure maximum compliance to Department policy while minimizing security risks and maximizing end user functionality.
9. Ensure best in class tools are being used for monitoring and performance tuning.
10. Troubleshoot and optimize Tableau dashboards/workbooks and data refreshes.
11. Provide change management for Tableau upgrade schedules, releases, and new features.
12. Collaborate with advanced Tableau users to create and implement Platform governance and standards around data sources, transformations, dashboards, and sharing of best practices to all Department users.
13. Work with Tableau or other Tableau third-party expertise to implement, modify, or improve the Tableau implementation and Tableau eco-system.
14. Provide knowledge transfers as deemed appropriate to support Tableau Enterprise sustainability.
15. Provide services remotely within the US (no off-shore candidates will be considered).
Experience working with Tableau Desktop and Server (3 years)
Experience as Tableau administrator, developing in, configuring and administering enterprise-level Tableau Server environments (3 years)
Expertise in Tableau platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery. (3 years)
Experience architecting and maintaining stable Tableau solutions guaranteed for high operational availability. (3 years)
Strong development skills in Tableau and data analytics and visualizations (3 years)
Experience working with TSM, Tabcmd, and Tabadmin (3 years)
Experience using Tableau PostgreSQL tables to monitor server statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements and potential threats (3 years)
Experience working with Tableau Metadata tables. (3 years)
Certification in Tableau Desktop and/or Tableau Server (0 years)
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field (0 years)
Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills (0 years)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (0 years)
Experience with change management processes. (0 years)
Experience with SQL, relational databases, and data warehousing (0 years)
Experience with other business intelligence tools, such as Power BI, QlikView, or Cognos (0 years)