The successful candidate will spend a good portion of their time working with the Systems that support Medicaid, TANF, and SNAP Systems and expected to work in concert with Front End developer(s) troubleshooting system problem reports and processing enhancement requests.
This role will be primarily focused on backend development with MS SQL Server including SSIS and SSRS development.
While working on system enhancements the successful candidate is expected to propose, design, and develop solutions in concert with the front end developer(s) to fulfill the business requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to follow standard practices for migrating changes to the test and production environments and provide post production support. When not working on enhancement requests or problem reports, the candidate would concentrate on performance tuning.
Individual should work well in a team and independently as needed.
• Assist in designing, developing, and enhancing large transaction and reporting databases.
• Assist in converting existing Legacy applications to newer technologies
• Assist in integrating in-house applications with enterprise third party solutions.
• Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user’s requirements.
• Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries using SQL server 2016 and 2019.
• Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
• Develop and maintain efficient, well documented custom SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers using Microsoft T-SQL in accordance with defined business rules and requirements to support application development
• Create and troubleshoot stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, DBCC Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans. Recommend query and index improvements in application to increase performance.
• Thoroughly test all approved application and database code additions and changes prior to implementing to staging. Request approval from users prior to implementing any additions or changes to the production environment.
• Research, understand and apply best practices, cost-effective solution, policies and procedures towards all assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities.
• Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Azure Dev Ops to manage changes to code.
• Participate in requirement analysis discussions and come up with efficient technical solution
• Develop new and maintain existing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Build and Deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Guide and share knowledge with other SQL developers when the need arises.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience with relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server
• Experience optimizing SQL queries for improving performance and maintaining data integrity
• Experience in creating database migration scripts by using schema and data compare tools
• Experience in creating batch packages using SSIS
• Experience using C# and/or VB.NET in SSIS Script tasks
• Experience in creating reports using SSRS
• Write efficient, consistent and testable code
• Proficiency with using Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019
• Ability to understand and analyze the business requirements and come up with efficient technical solution
• Experience in using LINQ
• Being able work with minimal requirements and improve the functionality as requirements are refined
• Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc.
• Experience with working with different versions of SQL server(2016, and 2019) (5 years)
• Expert knowledge of TSQL (5 years)
• Database modeling & Design (5 years)
• Experience in creating batch packages using SSIS (5 years)
• Experience in creating reports using SSRS (5 years)
• Experience optimizing SQL queries for improving performance and maintaining data integrity (5 years)
• Experience in architecting, writing and maintaining RESTful APIs/Services (2 years)
• Experience in using LINQ (2 years)
• Proficiency with different versions of Visual Studio (2019 and previous versions) (5 years)
object-oriented design/development (0 years)
• Experience in using Power BI (1 years)
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services (0 years)
• OpenText Content Server (0 years)
• Adobe Experience Manager – specifically using Designer, Workbench, and Workflow (0 years)