This position is for an Overall Developmental Technical Lead on the DHS CCWIS (FACS Replacement) project. The position will have oversight over all technical aspects of the project. The person will work closely with the Sprint teams engaged on the project and be part of the decision-making team. That team will include the Solutions Architect, Project Manager(s), Test Manger, Business Manager, and Product Owners on the project.
The candidate will be working on our CCWIS (FACS Replacement) project. This project is rebuilding our Child Welfare Case Management system into a more modern Microsoft PowerApps/Dynamics application.
The life cycle methodology will be SAFe agile. The individual selected will be attending sprint backlog grooming, PI planning sessions, demos, and Agile ceremonies necessary to stay apprised on the project and ensure that business outcomes are met.
The candidate will be required to provide oversight to ensure work is handled efficiently and timely to ensure outcomes are met and when necessary, only when exhausting all options themselves before escalating to the Bureau Chief of Enterprise Systems and Technology. This leader will have light supervisory duties over Senior Developers, developers, source control/release planning, and CI/CD pipeline management for the project. These duties will be both involved inside and outside of the sprint methodology.
For remote access, individual must have personal internet connection bandwidth to handle Teams Meetings with video and screen sharing without disruptions.
Individual should work well in a team and independently as needed.
• Make decisions on Solution Design & Help development leads overcome barriers
• Candidate to escalate issues and barriers to the Bureau Chief that they can’t resolve themselves
• Mentoring/Coaching of less experienced staff on technical implementations
• Troubleshooting support during development
• Troubleshooting support for production as needed
• Assist in designing, developing, and enhancing large transaction and reporting databases.
• Assist in converting existing Legacy System into Microsoft PowerApps/Dynamics
• Ensuring leadership is apprised of the status of the project
• Guiding team project team members to troubleshoot all technical issues
• Research, understand and apply best practices, cost-effective solution, policies and procedures towards all assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities.
• Monitor Code practices and ensure developers are following standards for development
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience developing in PowerApps/Dynamics
• Proven experience leading large development projects developing a CRM solution
• Lead or direct code reviews to ensure efficient, consistent, testable code
• Proficiency with using Visual Studio 2017 and higher
• Proficiency with C# and .NET Framework
• Ability to communicate effectively to team members, peers, and business counter parts
• Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, Azure, etc.
• Experience in working with Federal and State regulations/compliance issues with ensuring technical outcomes meet the necessary outcomes outlined.