• Collaborate with stakeholders to gather, analyze, and document business requirements for new software initiatives or enhancements to existing applications.
• Act as a liaison between business units, development teams, and management, to ensure seamless communication and project execution.
• Develop a deep understanding of HHS business processes, applications, and systems to facilitate the implementation of effective solutions.
• Create and maintain project artifacts such as business requirement documents, user stories, use cases, workflow diagrams, and test plans.
• Participate in Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives, to ensure continuous improvement in project delivery.
• Utilize project management tools such as Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, and Power BI to create user stories, track and monitor project progress, manage tasks, and report on project status to stakeholders.
• Assist in the development and implementation of user acceptance testing (UAT) strategies, ensuring that solutions meet business requirements and expectations.
• Support change management efforts by facilitating user demos/training, documenting processes, and providing guidance on the adoption of new processes, systems, and features.
• Continuously identify opportunities for process improvements and provide recommendations for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, and/or a combination of education/certification and work experience.
• A minimum 6 years of experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager, with a preferred focus on SDLC and Agile methodologies.
• Ability to analyze business strategies and user needs, document specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirements and specifications.
• Working knowledge of Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban, and familiarity with Agile project management tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
• Guide stakeholders through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost benefit analysis, risks and issues, and impact analysis.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with state government operations and processes is a large plus.
Experience working on large, complex IT systems (6 years)
Experience eliciting requirements, writing user stories & design docs, defining acceptance criteria, testing outcomes, and facilitating (0 years)
communication between business stakeholders, developers, and project teams. (6 years)
Experience with SDLC procedures and system development methodologies. (5 years)
Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities. (5 years)
Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates, and reporting). (5 years)
Excellent task management skills. Ability to balance and manage multiple tasks, with changing priorities, in a cross-functional environment. Required (5 years)
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and project activities, simultaneously, while meeting established deadlines. Required 5 (5 years)
Experience with Microsoft development platforms and software. (5 years)
Experience in an Agile environment (5 years)
Experience with Application Lifecycle Management [ALM] tools; Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), (0 years)
Azure DevOps (ADO), Atlassian’s Jira, IBM’s Rational Team Suite (RTC). (5 years)
Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or other relational database software. (2 years)
Familiarity with advanced information management practices, data modeling standards, and/or architecture design and analysis. (2 years)
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business, or related field, and/or relevant certifications and work experience. (6 years)