The Business Analyst will report as a member of the IT Project Management Bureau but will primarily work with the EDBI Data Warehouse team. The Business Analyst will be responsible to work with stakeholders and identify and analyze business requirements and opportunities, determine functional specifications for IT solutions, gather all necessary information for reporting development, and ensure other various needs of the business.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban. Experience with project management tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA is highly desirable. As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project delivery and alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to gather, analyze, and document business requirements for new software initiatives or enhancements to existing applications.
• Work with the EDBI Data Warehouse team to develop and maintain data models, ETL processes, and data quality controls to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the data warehouse.
• Work with the EDBI Data Warehouse team to develop and maintain reporting and analytics.
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure that the work is coordinated and aligned with broader goals and priorities.
• Analyze complex data and systems to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
• Define dashboards and ad-hoc reports that meet the needs of stakeholders.
• Facilitate meetings with stakeholders and IT teams to review requirements, solutions, and issues.
• Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and status reports to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Work with the Project Management Office to ensure that projects are aligned with organizational priorities and goals.
• Facilitate communication and collaboration among stakeholders and IT teams to ensure that solutions meet business needs and are well-understood by all parties.
• Identify and escalate issues and risks to project sponsors and stakeholders in a timely manner, and work with them to develop and implement mitigation plans.
• Develop and maintain documentation, such as requirements documents, design documents, and user manuals, to support ongoing maintenance and use of the data warehouse and BI systems.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices related to data warehousing, business intelligence, and Health and Human Services, and apply this knowledge to inform decisions and recommendations.
• Create and maintain project work items such as business requirement documents, user stories, use cases, workflow diagrams, and test plans.
• Utilize project management tools such as Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, and Power BI to create user stories, track and monitor project progress, manage tasks, and report on project status to stakeholders.
• Assist in the development and implementation of user acceptance testing (UAT) strategies, ensuring that solutions meet business requirements and expectations.
• Support change management efforts by facilitating user demos/training, documenting processes, and providing guidance on the adoption of new processes, systems, and features.
• Continuously identify opportunities for process improvements and provide recommendations for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, and/or a combination of education/certification and work experience.
• A minimum 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager, with a preferred focus on SDLC and Agile methodologies.
• Ability to analyze business strategies and user needs, document specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirements and specifications.
• Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or relational database software
• Working knowledge of Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban, and familiarity with Agile project management tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
• Guide stakeholders through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost benefit analysis, risks and issues, and impact analysis.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with state government operations and processes is a large plus.
Experience working on large, complex IT systems (8 years)
Experience eliciting requirements, writing user stories and design documents, documenting acceptance criteria, and facilitating communication between (0 years)
business stakeholders and IT (10 years)
Experience with SDLC procedures / system development methodologies (8 years)
Experience with building IT solutions that adhere to industry standards, compliance and regulatory requirements, and/or technology standards (8 years)
Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities (8 years)
Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting) (8 years)
Excellent task management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment (8 years)
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines (8 years)
Experience with Microsoft development platforms and software (8 years)
Experience in an agile environment (8 years)
Experience with Quality Assurance testing (functional, non-functional, integration, end-to-end, etc.) (3 years)
Working experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or relational database software (5 years)
Experience with Application Lifecycle Management tools such as Microsoft's Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), (0 years)
Azure DevOps (ADO), Atlassian JIRA or IBM RTC (3 years)
Experience in data science and/or predictive/forecasting modeling (2 years)
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business, or related field, or relevant education/experience. (0 years)