Conduct the following for Azure SQL/Azure SQL MI/SQL on Azure VM, On Prem SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, Azure Synapse and other related products as applicable and necessary
• As a SQL DBA, you’ll need to have hands-on experience with databases. Create databases with efficient structures. Maintain high standards of data quality and integrity.
• Understand issues related to network performance and security.
• Experience in software development using Microsoft SQL Server 2019, Azure SQL, T-SQL and T-SQL language (queries, views, procedures), SQL Server database design, stored procedure design and implementation.
• Experience coding stored procedures (using T-SQL). Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills.
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing models
• Working knowledge of Azure services
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.
• Experience with performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL.
• Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management.
. Knowledge of capacity planning and infrastructure provisioning.
• Design and create database objects for SaaS web applications
• Analyze and tune existing queries and schema
• Provide database expertise to teams of software developers
• Perform database administration tasks for production and non-production databases as needed
• Create and update documentation on database objects
• Bachelors or Masters in relevant field.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Real experience with Microsoft SQL Server in Azure Cloud Environment
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Experience with data migration or ETL.
• Experience with cloud platforms, especially Azure.
• Experience with cloud-based databases, especially Azure SQL.
SQL Server DBA (8 years)
Microsoft SQL Server in a Azure Cloud Environment (5 years)
Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) (3 years)
Data Migration (5 years)
Azure SQL, SQL, T-SQL (5 years)
SQL Database back-up, recovery and documentation (5 years)
Microsoft PowerShell (3 years)
Capacity planning and Infrastructure provisioning (5 years)